Monday, April 19, 2010

Candy Cake



About a year ago I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a while. She had just given birth to a beautiful little girl a month earlier and decided to name her Gwen after our daughter. She said she had liked the name ever since hearing it (over 4 years ago) and hoped we didn't mind that they used it. I, of course, was flattered. A year later baby Gwen is having her first birthday and her mom asked me to do a cake for her. She requested carrot cake and left the rest in my hands. I decided to frost it in an orange cream cheese icing and decorate it in a candy theme. I made bright colored lollipops, gumdrop blossoms and added some jelly beans instead of piping around the bottom. I think it impressed her older brother the most. He kept asking if he could take 'OONNEE tiny lick'. Thanks Annie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment